To conduct office work efficiently and comfortably, office furniture is a critical element for an office environment. Most office work is deskwork performed indoors, so a well-furnished office provides the perfect work ambiance.
Office furniture is required for sitting, working properly and storing purposes. It consists of:
- For sitting: chairs, sofas, and couches.
- For working: table, desks, and trays.
- For storing: shelves, racks, cabinets, cupboards, and lockers.
Furniture can either be made of wood, metal, plastic, or fiberglass, which will provide an impressive look to the office.
Types of office furniture:
There are various types of furniture available in this category but then here some of them have been enlisted below,
- General furniture, which consists of regular chairs, tables, and cupboards used in an office. They are moveable.
- Built-in furnitureis fixed on floor or walls. For example, shelves, cupboards, safe-deposit vaults.
- Special purpose furniture is used for doing particular jobs, such as computer table and chair, drawing table, sofa sets, etc. They can also be designed for health purposes.
- Top executives specially design executive furniture for use. They are executive chairs, tables, and couches. They are expensive and attractive.
The importance of office furniture:
If you are looking for a cool set of office furniture then this article can be a great help for you in this regard, here we have highlighted a few significance of office furniture that you should know.
- Increases the efficiency of work
- Give the room more interesting and pleasant look
- Maintaining the prestige of office
- Provides comfortable working environment for the employees
- Helps in reducing the fatigue
- Protects files from dust, fire, insects, etc.
Office furniture, equipment, and appliances should be arranged in such a way to prevent slips, trips, and falls. Desks, file cabinets are arranged in such a way so that the drawers do not open into aisles or walkways to hit people passing by.
Faulty desks, chairs or other office equipment that need repair should be taken out of service. Adequate lighting provided to all work areas. Paper cutter blades are in locked and safe position when not in use. Fixtures and furniture free of splinters or sharp edges Desk and File drawers easily operated.
Furniture should be bought with a vision or a plan; it should consider employee comfort and should be fit to space. The material of the furniture should be selected very carefully for cleanliness is a priority; appearance and durability also matters a lot.
Tags: need for office furniture, office furniture details, perfect office furniture